POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : brain vs. image_map : brain vs. image_map Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  brain vs. image_map
From: David El Tom
Date: 21 Jan 2006 12:24:17
Message: <43d26e41@news.povray.org>
several days ago I stumbled over thread in p.b.i ("Walter's bones")
which made use of a nested pattern for the floor. So I thought it might
be possible to create a classic parquet floor without the usage of
image_maps, just plain procedural.

After 1 or 2 hours of bending my mind and several coffees later, I was
able to get following render.

take it as "prove of principal". No tile is repeated once, no matter how
large the floor will be.

- eight prototype wood textures
- three levels of nested checker patterns

... dave

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'parquet.jpg' (138 KB)